Darlingtonian

Philip Woford ’18

Back to Article
Back to Article

Philip Woford ’18

Abby Sklar, Editor-in-Chief

Senior Philip Woford has had a unique experience at Darlington. Starting as a dorm student his freshman year, Woford will graduate as a day student who has been involved in many facets of Darlington from dorm life to soccer to robotics.

After Woford’s sophomore year, he made the transition from dorm student to day student.

“It’s been very interesting. I’ve been everything you can be at this school, besides an international student, so it’s been cool to have all of those experiences and opportunities to meet different people,” Woford said.

His transition from dorm student to day student was very smooth, and provided Woford with many different friends.

“I mean there were no bumps in there because I still lived on campus that year, so it was really easy. I still had friends that were dorm students, and I still had friends that were day students because I never really stuck to one group because I never really saw a point to that.”

Starting his freshman year, Woford has been involved in the Robotics team, which has become a key part of his Darlington experience.

“When I first came, I needed another class because I didn’t want another free period. I was interested in how robots work and engineering stuff, so I decided to take it. From there, I just kept on with it, and then now I’m still in it as a senior.”

During his time at Darlington, Woford wishes that he had taken advantage of more of the opportunities that Darlington offers.

“I didn’t take all the English credits I could have taken at the highest level, and not taking advantage of all the different clubs and opportunities and people you can interact with.”

After his four years at Darlington, Woford has big plans for the future, starting with attending the University of Georgia.

“I’m going to UGA, so hopefully, I’ll do well there. I’m trying to major in business and political science, so I can seek out a job in the government somewhere.”