Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlington Baseball Comes Back for a Win During Senior Night

Ashton Albers (12)

Darlington High School Baseball had their senior night against Christian Heritage High School and came out victorious with a 10-7 win after being down 6-1.

“It was a challenging opponent. We got off to a rough start, we were down 6-1 and ended up rallying and coming back to win the game 10-7,” senior Talan Shirey said.

Senior Jacob Johnson talked about the senior night and catching the first pitch. 

“It was a great senior night and I had a lot of fun,” Johnson said. “I enjoyed being recognized and catching the first pitch.” 

Senior Bagley Larry thought it was a good senior night.

“Yes, it was a very good senior night,” Larry said, “it’s always great to get a win, especially when it is a comeback.”

The seniors praised Henry Ledbetter on how he helped with the comeback.

“Henry Ledbetter hit a double to get things going in the bottom of the 6th, where we ended up scoring 6 runs and coming back to win 10-7,” Shirey said.

“Henry Ledbetter started the rally in the 6th inning to put us ahead,” Larry said.

Shirey plans to continue his baseball career after high school.

“My plans after high school are to play baseball at a post-grad school, then go to college the year after and continue to play baseball and study sports management,” Shirey said.