Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Varsity Soccer Team Defeats Armuchee 3-2

Parker Song
On Feb. 7, sophomore Ade Desalu kicks the ball. The team beat Armuchee 2-1.

For their last game before playoffs, the boys’ soccer team played against Armuchee this past weekend. Darlington came out victorious with a 3-2 win in overtime after a comeback inspired by freshman George Loveless, senior Kayo Lufadeju, and everyone wanting to win. 

Senior Timofe Anthony-Sawyerr, a player on the team, said Loveless was the standout player. 

“I think George scored two goals, including 1 to take it to overtime with 1.9 seconds left, and scoring the winner was a standout performance,” Anthony-Sawyerr said.

Junior Femi Ajiboye said that his MVP is Kayo Lufadeju. Kayo is a defender for the soccer team and has been a part of the team for four years.

“Everyone played well because they were our rivals, and everyone wanted to win,” senior Peyton Sumner said.

The players from the team talked about how there was a decent amount of fans there.

“There were a lot of Armuchee parents because it was their senior night but we were used to that because we’ve ruined 2 senior nights already,” Ajiboye said. “There were a lot of opponent fans”.   

The team seemed pleased with their outcome.

“The 3-2 comeback was definitely an amazing result against a tough team, so we were very proud of that,” Anthony-Sawyerr said.

“We dominated the majority of the game, and A win is a good result definitely,” Ajiboye said.