Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlington Holds Annual International Fair

Skai Albury
“Bahamas Booth” at the International Fair

On April 12, 2024, the annual International Fair was held at Darlington School. Various countries were featured which offered students a variety of activities and food to try, along with the new knowledge they received by learning about these cultures. 

“It felt good to educate the community about our culture and let them try our dishes and activities,” sophomore Adeniran Desalu said. 

Students were engaged in activities such as soccer for Nigeria, Chan-Angkarn for Thailand, and learning Bahamian Dances. Along with that, there was a fascinating variety of dishes from different cultures and the students seemed to enjoy them. 

“Not only did the students have fun learning our dances, we had fun teaching them. It felt like I was back home.” freshman Desmond Hall said. 

The International Fair also served as a reminder of people’s home culture, with the majority of students’ last time being deeply connected to their culture was during Spring Break, which was almost a month ago. 

“This fair changed the atmosphere here at Darlington. it was nice to see people taking pride in where they are from and showcasing it,” Desalu said. 

The International Fair showcased Darlington’s diversity by showing the variety of cultural backgrounds that exist within the community. It also shows the strength of Darlington’s community because, despite all the backgrounds, people are still able to connect with each other in many different ways throughout their day-to-day lives. 

“This event was truly special…I hope we find a way to do something like this more throughout the year,” senior Sirabop Tippayapaphanupap said.