Clubs Going Up

Matyah Jackson

Students sign up for clubs and after-school activities.

Detailed club descriptions below:

The Servant Leadership team goes beyond the Darlington gates to help out in the community. They meet at the library steps Monday-Friday; email Mrs. Barnes with any questions.

Student Publications creates the Jabberwokk, our yearbook, the Darlingtonian, our student news source, and the Inkslinger, our student-created literary magazine. Come to the room upstairs in the library next to IT any day Monday-Thursday to join. Email Mrs. Forgette or Ethan Pender with any questions.

It does not matter whether you are a Republican, Democrat, or anything in between. Join the Junior State of America, JSA, for discussions on current events and hot-button issues. Email Mr. Evans or Ethan Pender to join or if you have any questions.

Reading books, talking about books, free food, hanging out with some of the coolest people of the school: all available at Book Club in the library at 4 o’clock Mondays starting September 28th. Email Ms. Hall if you have any questions.

If you like movies and want to discuss their content and quality, join Cinematic Appreciation. Email Helena Izmirlian with questions.

Always looking for an adventure, hiking, camping, or anything outdoors? Join the Field/Stream Club. Email Braxton Ballard with any questions you might have.

Is science your favorite subject? Then join the Science Club. Come to Mrs. Dodd’s classroom Tuesday, Sept. 15 for the first meeting and just email Mrs. Dodd if you have any questions.

If you’re interested in the cultural diversity of our school, you should join IMPACT International, where you can sponsor events like the Martin Luther King Day celebration and the International Fair. There are only ten spots available so email Mr. Inman for details.

If you are interested in social issues and gender equality, you should join the Gender Equality Club. Just email Mrs. Wilson, Mary Margaret Wright, or Shelby Cline if you are interested.

Do you want to be a part of the Advancement Ambassadors, where you can get in contact and talk to alumni? If so, email Mrs. Douglas.

If new languages and cultures are your passion, email Ms. Lambert or Mr. Braun if you’re interested in joining the World Languages Club, where you can receive extra credit, enjoy movie nights, be a part of conversational groups in French and Spanish, or get involved with more multilingual activities.

If you love math and want to compete in competition, email Mr. Shorey or come to his room on Thursdays to join the Math Team.

If you would like to be a part of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, FCA, email Mr. Hembree to join.

Are you a Republican and love politics? Then email Mr. Jacobs or Charlie Shorey to join the Young Republicans