Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Ms. Luitwieler’s Lost Bike

Jennifer Luitwieler
Jennifer Luitwieler

Two weeks ago, it was discovered that Learning Center specialist Jennifer Luitwieler’s favorite bike had gone missing.

Luitwieler’s bike had originally been bought for her daughter, however after her daughter had grown up and moved away, she took to using the bike herself.

I remember my daughter riding it and I remember the first couple of times I rode it to school,” Luitwieler said. “During the COVID year, I taught in Thatcher as well as in the upper school and so I used it to get quickly from class to class.”

The bike had been parked outside of Regester House during Luitwieler’s duty night until she found the bike was no longer where she had parked it.

“At first I was confused and then I was angry. Then I walked home,” Luitwieler said. “I looked all over campus to see if I could find my bike.”

The next day she sent out an email to all upper school students and faculty. The email explained the situation and asked anyone who had info on the bike’s possible whereabouts to come forward with the info. However, nobody turned up who knew where it was.

I knew by the second day I wasn’t going to see my bike again,” Luitwieler said. “I was kind of hoping that it was a little prank, but by the end of the second day I knew I would never see it again.”

As of May 3, Luitwieler’s bike has not been found, and nobody claims to have seen it. Luitwieler herself has lost hope that it will ever be found, but she has adapted.

I have been riding a different bike to school in the morning. It’s pretty dorky so I don’t think anybody’s going to take it,” Luitwieler said, “but I don’t think I would park a bike outside of Regester again.