Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Boys’ Varsity Basketball Extends 3-Game Win Streak Against Armuchee

Dj Hall (9) plays in the game against Trion, ending with a 58-49 win.

After three consecutive losses to Alcoa (TN), The Webb School (TN) and Fort Payne (AL) the boys’ varsity basketball team has recovered and moved up to first in the region on a 3-game win streak. 

“In our losses, we lacked a sense of playing together and the teams punished us for it,” freshman DJ Hall said. 

After 3 consecutive losses, the team turned things around and went on to win 3 games by at least 9 points. The scores for their last 3 games were 84-28 against Armuchee, 58-49 against Trion and 78-35 against Dade County, which contrasted to their ‘close’ losses by 60-56 against Fort Payne, 67-62 against Alcoa and 56-43 against The Webb School. 

“We just worked as hard as we could and assured each other that we could turn it around,” Hall said.

Now that they are ranked #1 in the region, the team is trying to stay consistent.

“In the past 6 games, we’ve had a lot of ups and downs with 3 losses and 3 wins,” Hall said, “but we haven’t played to our full potential yet.”

The past 6 games have been shaky for the team and going forward, the team has some expectations for the upcoming games. 

“We plan to keep working hard, giving it our all, keep playing together as a team, and keep executing our plans in the short and long term,” sophomore Brent Bell said.