Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlington Girls Lacrosse plays Mt. Paran

Sassy Neuman (10)
Sassy Neuman (10)

On April 9, the Girls’ Lacrosse team had a home game against Mt. Paran at 6:00 on the Jerry Sharp Fields.  

“I feel like we did pretty good. We used all our opportunities while also improving throughout the game from quarter one to quarter four,” sophomore Cinja Riemer said. “We fought for the ball and we scored so I think our game was pretty self-improving.” 

The team is still a work in progress but they are improving and making great plays that are beneficial to their game.

“I would say Alex and I’s passes were pretty strong throughout the game. In the third quarter, things got a little heated with the other team so my team really had to rally together to get through that obstacle,” sophomore Bradford Middleton said.

Even though they played a good team and lost, they still kept their foot down and kept putting their best foot forward.

“I would say during halftime we improved a lot,” Riemer said. “They scored nine goals in the first quarters and two in the next which made our team feel very confident.” 

The team keeping a positive outlook on their games, win or lose, is very important and helps them to overcome certain challenges.

“The transitions could improve,” Riemer said. “We lost the ball a lot which probably hindered us from doing as well as we could be. Aside from all of that the team’s energy and dynamics on the field were good, the spirit was good, we all worked together and we all had the same goals so it made it even better.”

The team continues to stay in great spirits and try their best.

“We continued practicing and working on several things which made our game worth it although we didn’t win,” Middleton said.