Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Reflecting on Spring Break: Embracing Balance, Growth, and Cultures

Members of the Darlington community returned from spring break celebrating their cultures and traditions as they prepare for the International Fair on April 12th.

“It was really fun. I took the time to refresh and recover from my athletic and academic commitments … It was nice to refresh my memory of my culture by spending time with my family. I can’t wait to showcase it at the International Fair,” junior Jayden Kimani said.  

Darlington Athletics is going into the year’s final quarter with fresh athletes ready to work towards victory. Students also connected with their cultures again, which is crucial before the International Fair on April 12, 2024. In addition, the break also gave the community time to recover from the Norovirus outbreak that sickened over 100 students. 

“The good thing about the virus is that it only lasts about two days, so I was able to recover over break and come back to an energetic start with a healthy community,” freshman Desmond Hall said. 

Although the virus took the community by storm, the recovery path was thankfully quick. Despite recovering from the virus, students could still enjoy their spring break by exploring and traveling to new places. 

“I tried a lot of new things such as food. I also met new people…I enjoyed this break,” junior Sean Byles said. 

Despite the fun, some community members still felt like the break should’ve been longer. The community had a total of 10 days off. 

“I enjoyed the break. However, I wish we had more time to relax before returning for the fourth quarter… I’m ready to finish the year strong though,” senior Nicolas Ntayagabiri said.