Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

HUGS AND THREADS – a Meaningful iPeriod

(Top left to bottom right) Daelyn Lee (11), Noelle Adams (12), Timofe Anthony-Sawyerr (12), Kensie Waller (10), Kathleen Hwang (11), Shreya Patel (12) and Rayna Lee (10)

With the start of the new quarter for iPeriods, students are starting to choose their favorite iPeriods and quite a few new ones are emerging, such as “Hugs and Threads,” founded by junior Kathleen Hwang.

“Hugs and Threads is a non-profit volunteer organization that helps people learn how to sew and make stuffed animals to help underprivileged children,” Hwang said.

Hugs & Threads is dedicated to providing compassion and care to underprivileged and abused children by donating stuffed animals hand-sewn by dedicated volunteers.

“This is a very rewarding event where you can sew beautiful dolls with your own hands and use them for a good cause,” said sponsor of Hugs and Threads Jennifer Luitwieler.

“Inspired by the cherished memory of receiving a hand-stitched bunny from my aunt; I am eager to use my talent to bring warmth and love to abused or underprivileged children,” Hwang said on the “Hugs and Threads” website. “I firmly believe that every child in this world deserves to receive love and protection, even in moments when we cannot be physically present for them. Our Teddy Bears serve as fluffy guardians, offering unwavering support from our dedicated volunteers to ensure that these children never feel alone and are always aware of the importance of their rights.”