Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlington Students Compete in Regional Technology Fair

Photo taken from Darlington News article “13 students to move on to State Technology Competition”

The Northwest Georgia Regional Technology Fair occurred on Jan. 26, 2024. Darlington School had 13 students ranging from lower to upper school advance to the state competition, which will occur on March 2, 2024. The state competition will be held at McDonough.

The “Tech Fair” involves many aspects of technology. There are several categories that students will participate in, including 3D modeling, animation, programming, and more. This project will then go through regionals and later state if they qualify for judges to adjudicate.

“It is meant to showcase technology and innovation amongst our students,” said Lean Lynn, who was in charge of the event for Darlington Students.

Out of the students who advanced to the State competition, four were part of the upper school. The students worked all year to achieve this success.

“I worked on my animation project all summer, so I’m really proud of the ranking I got,” said Javin Pandya,  a junior who won first place in the animation category.

Animation was only one of the many categories that Darlington students participated in. For example, senior Charlie May, captain of the Darlington robotics team, advanced to the state competition in the Robotics category of the Tech Fair, and Tommy Cowan, who advanced to state under the Audio production category.

“It was cool to see all these things that people came up with,” Ansel Enverga, who won the Internet Applications category, said.