Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Sowing Seeds

Sowing Seeds Club Makes Changes to Campus
Sowing+Seeds

Senior boarding student Taylor Zhang talks about the club she created, Sowing Seeds. Zhang says that the club is inspired by helping nature and the environment, especially keeping the campus pretty and clean. The club was founded last year. 

“I decided to organize this club because I saw that they had a lot of boxes at the dorms where I could plant different flowers and other things,” Zhang said. “I have the responsibility to make some changes on the campus.”

Right now the Sowing Seeds club is planting plants in different locations all around the campus. 

“We are now planting in 20 different locations around campus,” Zhang said. “Now many more people are participating so that makes me really proud.”

The next step for the club is to think how they can make the campus better and what improvements to bring to this community.

Mina Zoroe, a junior boarding student from Serbia is in her first year in the Sowing Seeds 4 U club.

“I really enjoy the sowing team,” Zoroe said. “I use the time with my friends while also doing something really useful for our community.”

The Sowing Seeds 4 U club does various things for the environment.

“We mostly recycle around the whole campus and school. I feel like this is important to prevent pollution. I think that we are doing a really good thing, and I hope we’re going to continue doing that later on,” Zoroe said. “The community is important and recycling is really important.”