Darlingtonian

Cum Laude Induction

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cum Laude Induction

Carter Anderson, Sports Editor

The Cum Laude Society is the highest academic honor given at Darlington prestigious and sought after academic awards in high school. New society members were recently inducted at Darlington.

“I feel so honored that I was chosen out of so many intelligent students to be inducted into Cum Laude Society,” senior Jacqueline Cline said. “Being inducted into Cum Laude made me realize how hard I worked throughout my high school career.”

The students felt that their hard work over the four years has been adequately recognized.

“It’s nice to be recognized for all the hard work I put into my high school career,” senior Stella Miao said. “I wasn’t expected to be inducted into the Cum Laude, so when I found out it was a pleasant surprise.”

The induction into this society makes students think of their high school career differently.

“Being inducted into the Cum Laude society shows that my hard work in high school has really paid off, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity to have my hard work recognized,” senior Ansley McCoy said. “I feel so honored and excited about being inducted into the Cum Laude society.”

It was special even for international students that hadn’t heard of this society before.

“I am very honored and thankful to be part of such a prestigious society, especially as we do not have anything comparable to it in Germany,” senior Sophia Kalushe said. “Looking at the group of students that were inducted, I believe that all very well deserved their spot in the Society. I am grateful to be able to share this accomplishment with these ambitious and hardworking people.”