Darlington School's Online Student News Source

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

Darlingtonian

New Arts Theme Starts The Year Successfully

The “Arts in 3D” theme, which debuted in the play Twelve Angry Jurors, is tailored to fit the 2023-2024 school year.

“We strive to inspire students to engage in their creativity,” said Director of Fine Arts Kim Tunnell. “and explore the benefit and transformative power of the arts.”

The fine arts faculty worked on new branding for the 2023-24 year and developed a theme that works around the school year. This theme has been broken down into 3 different parts in relation to 3 seasons within the year. 

“The 3D represents the 3 seasons that we are walking through this year.” Tunnell said.” Our fall season was the season of Discover, winter is all about Design and the spring will carry the theme of Delight.”

Taking into account that Darlington is a large, diverse community, Arts in 3D has also been tailored to suit the diverse community at Darlington through different aspects. 

“The concept of Art in 3D as a theme connects to Darlington and our community and it also allows us to think about the dimensions and depth of what the arts offer all of us to connect and grow as individuals and together as a whole.” Tunnell said. “Our main goal is to always provide opportunities for students to grow in skill level as artists and challenge themselves along the way. We hope that students can discover something new about their interests and connections to the arts this year too.”

As the year goes on, there are multiple opportunities for students to grow as artists by watching and participating in art events. As we approach winter, there are a couple of transitional art events planned.

“The upcoming holiday concerts at both divisions will connect to the design theme,” Tunnell said, “and will continue through the winter musical in February with some other arts exhibits and experiences in between.”